Monday, February 07, 2005

bye nashville, hello chicago

Hi, well here i am in chicago, the windy city. I'm currently posting from the Apple Store on Michigan Avenue. I arrived safely last night and Mel and I have been having loads of fun already, but I'll tell you about that shortly.

The weekend however was fun; First Club went so well, there were so many kids there all sayin goodbye and i was a good sport about being made to wear a green t shirt saying "Ireland" across the front and wearing a big green hat with a clover on it. The hosting with Caldwell went really well and we did the Irish "dancing" thing again, I also had to perform in a skit where i had to chase people round the hall who had stolen the box of lucky charms, eventually when it was finished Caldwell asked why do people do that, i then stood in the middle of the hall and said "they're always after me lucky charms" and again they all laughed cos that's the advert slogan. The tsunami powerpoint i was working on all week went down real well and got so excited about all the fundraising events the church will have over the next few weeks.

Was a great morning though, but had so many people coming up to me and thanking me for all my hard work even though I'd never met them before or anything, but it's good to know that it's all appreciated. Spent the afternoon tying up loose ends like getting my photos transferred to someone's hard drive so they can use them for things in church, meeting up with Mark Schultz and lookin at his cute wee baby blue cottage heehee. Then hung out with the Raines' again for a bit, had my final Nashville meal at a drive in fast food place (Sonic) and just said goodbye to a few people. Then they all went to the different Superbowl parties and Mark DeVries (the guy I came out to work for) drove me back to the airport with lots of outsiders opinion questions, so it was a good way to think through the last 6 weeks and so on.

Now though, I'm in Chicago with my good chum Mel, we are staying in Tremont Hotel just off Michigan Avenue and had a long lie in this morning.... well overdue. Then came out to the city to look round the shops and i was so pleased to find H&M, it's been a great day but still much more to do so I'll talk to you guys again soon.
God Bless
Ruth

2 Comments:

At 8:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my life! H&M is always good. Makes the train journey to Leeds worthwhile.

Good to hear your work in Nashville touched so many people. Have fun in Chicago,

Sarah xoxoxo

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hands up who thinks Ruthie deserves her week's holiday....

(sea of hands goes up)

ok - thats decided then. have a great week - chill out and enjoy

with love from all ur fans :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home