Monday, January 17, 2005

disappointment

Well I arrived home safe after travelling from Tennessee, through Kentucky (where we stopped for food and i had my photo taken outside a KFC...... in Kentucky.... you get it? heehee, ok moving on then), then into Indiana then into Ohio and back to Indiana again and arrived at our destination at about 12:30am and went to bed soon after we arrived.

We woke the next morning and went for breakfast.... only i wasn't feelin so good and after one frostie (i'm not conforming to the american way of callin them frosted flakes heehee) i ended up with my head in the loo throwin up, so i stayed at the lodge all day in bed feelin sorry for myself while everyone else was away skiing. But i joined the bus drivers on their way back to pick them all up at the end of the day to see what the slope were like when i was feelin a bit better, so I'm all excited about gettin to ski next week in North Carolina...... bring on round 2!!!!! :oD

So anyways we had a birthday party and loads of fun and games on Saturday night, had worship, watched the day's skiing on video and headed for bed. The leaders were all spread through the rooms with the kids and all night i had questions like "so have you ever found a four leaf clover?" " what do leprecauns look like really?" and when i woke on Sunday morning was greeted with "top of the mornin to ya". They were great kids and were so excited to have a real irish person around for the weekend.

We travelled home for most of Sunday and stopped again for food so i was dragged along to taco bell and the dairy queen for some "authenic american food" so it was a good day, but i was so glad to get back to the house and into bed, was just so tired after the weekends events and still am a bit.

Well for now I'm gonna go relax and enjoy a day off
Ciao!

5 Comments:

At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well just let it be said before further ado that Ruthie is OUR real Irish person and she is only loaned to those American kids - so just don't let them get any ideas. ok?

so Taco Bell and Dairy Queen are real places of American youth ministry and not just places made up by the person they call, "Doug Fields". Hmmm. I was sure he had made them up just to make them sound superior. Ha.

Hope you're feeling "top of the morning" again soon Ruthie! :)

gt

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger ruthEbabes said...

my response to that post is a facial expression you know oh too well lol

 
At 5:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man alive...I musta given you the flu! I didn't realise telephone connections were so amazing. hehe. Well did ya get the photos we talked about? Or were you unable to convince the bus drivers to stop? Hmm....I could always drive down just to take you all around to do them! hehe. Fun times eh?

Graeme my dear you need to get out more and get some fresh country air...I think your brain is starting to get meddled.

 
At 11:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwwwwwww I want my money back: I expected a broken leg at the very LEAST. Rage. Only joking my dearie. Teeheehee.

Hope you're feeling better soon,

Sarah xoxox

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wooo go ruthie!!! hope ur havin a gr8 time in the US of A ....... hehe... there's nuffin goin on over back home :(

 

Post a Comment

<< Home