Wednesday, December 29, 2004

twenty one hours in nashville later....

....... and i still don't have an american accent or even a hint of one! So proud of myself cos usually I can be real stupid and mimic people without noticin I'm doin it heehee. Anyway, I've had a fun day so far, couldn't sleep in much cos my body clock's a bit messed up now, so i got up and was talking to Judy (my first host mom), we had a cooked breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage patties and toast with some great tastin OJ. Then spent the mornin relaxin a bit by unpackin and showerin (and that's pronounced 'shour' heehee).

About 1pm I was picked up by Jacquii who took me to a great place that serves fabulous pancakes for lunch, then to a place called rocketown that was set up by Michael W Smith to be an outreach cafe to young people so they could come and skate or chill out or use the basement club or whatever, it was a pretty cool place to be. Then she brought me on a mini tour of the city..... it's apparently got 800 churches which makes it either the highest church populated city in the world or very near it.

She then took me to the church (First Presbyterian, Nashville) and showed me round and it's flippin huge, they have stables with horses and fences for them to jump, a swimmin pool, football fields, playgrounds and part of the grounds is a school for primary school age kids. I then got to meet some of the staff and was introduced as "our intern, Ruth from Ireland" heehee. Then we sat down with Mark and talked through some of the stuff I'll be doing while I'm here and basiclly I'm hangin out with loads of people takin them out to coffee, gettin to go to all the youth groups and possibly even their youth ski trips (I've never been skiin in my life, either I'm gonna die on the first one or else be so amazingly good at it I'll have to go back to the second tri for more heehee.)

All that and it's not even a full day here yet, anyways speak again soon, love y'all ;o)

Ruth

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home